Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jason Pugh - Candidate for Winston County Sheriff



Visit my Website for more information: http://www.jasonpughforsheriff.com/

As Sheriff, I have many goals and expectations for our county. I would like to use this page to discuss a few of those goals that I feel are a top priority for our county. Please feel free to discuss these goals with me, and share with me your own concerns.
First, we must deal with the problem of drugs in our community. This has been one of major concern in the law enforcement community for many years now. You as a citizen do not have to look far to find friends and neighbors whose lives have been tragically affected by drug abuse of some kind. I am not naive and fully understand that the war on drugs in our county must be taken seriously and that it is a war we can not afford to lose. I intend to be dedicated in this fight and make it a major priority within the sheriff's office. We will work together with the Louisville Police Department and the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics to arrest and convict every dealer and trafficker of illegal narcotics that we come in contact with. I also believe that educating the youth of our community concerning the dangers of drug use is a necessity. We have a great D.A.R.E (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) program in our community housed in the Louisville Police Department and as sheriff I will do everything in my power to assist this program and to bring forth any other available drug education programs. I personally have taught Drug Awareness programs in our community and intend to make myself and my deputies available to speak at and assist with any program or event where we can be of assistance. I understand fully that this goal will be time consuming and expensive to attain and the effects of our efforts will be slow to materialize. I intend to seek any and all federal and state grants available to our Sheriff's Department to help our county with the cost of dealing with this problem.
The second goal of our Sheriff's Department will be to deal with crimes against persons and property. Working to alleviate the problem with drugs in our county will eventually cause a decrease in property crime. But until then, as your sheriff, I will personally oversee the investigations of crime against the citizens of our county. As your sheriff, I will make sure that thorough investigations are done when personal property of the citizens of our county is destroyed or stolen. I will do everything humanly possible to see that the person responsible is arrested and that the property is recovered. Crimes against persons such as assault, murder, and robbery will also not be tolerated. Whenever possible we will deal with these crimes swiftly, professionally, and to the satisfaction of the victim. During my time as investigator for Winston County I always believed that in the event of a murder in our county we as law enforcement officers should work around the clock until a viable suspect is in custody. I as sheriff of Winston County plan to implement this into our department as a policy and will leave no stone unturned in bringing justice to the victim and assuring that the responsible person is punished to the full extent of the law.
Our third and most important goal is to provide professional help to the citizens of our county whenever they call for assistance. I want the citizens of our county to feel secure in the event they call for assistance in the fact that they will receive professional, courteous, and knowledgeable assistance. Law enforcement is a profession in which the citizens do not have a choice in who they receive when they call for help so it is our goal to bring them the highest caliber of help available no matter who they are or what time of day or night they call.
As you can see, I have very high expectations concerning what is needed from our Sheriff's Department. Some of these goals we will attempt to attain are long term and will require diligent effort. Some we will be able to attain almost immediately. I feel that with hard work and perseverance we can make our Sheriff's Department an example to law enforcement agencies across the state. As your next sheriff, I have the knowledge and ability to set these goals in motion. I intend to be open to new ideas and available for questions and comments concerning our activities and progress at all times.
If there is an issue that you are concerned with that I have not mentioned here, please feel free to contact me so we can discuss it. I want every citizen in this county to know exactly who they are getting when they vote "Jason Pugh" for sheriff.